South Coast Music Together is proud to have offered scholarships to area families since 2004. We began our Scholarship Fund, with an anonymous donation, with the specified beneficiary be a family with more than a couple of children; one which would find the classes cost prohibitive for their large(r) family. Since then South Coast Music Together has provided over 150 partial scholarships.
Applicants for scholarships are asked to answer the following questions and submit them via email or US mail (P.O. Box 382, Westport Point, MA 02791). Scholarships will be awarded as funds are available. In order to give as many families as possible the opportunity to participate in South Coast Music Together classes, full or partial scholarships will be awarded at the Director's discretion.
If you have questions regarding scholarships, or would care to contribute to this fund, please do not hesitate to contact the Director, Rhonda Matson, via the "contact us" link on this site or by calling: 508 636 7426 or 508 493 0355.
If you are a previous scholarship recipient please submit the Scholarship Renewal Application.
- Why would you like to take this class with your child(ren)?
- What was your early childhood musical experience like?
- Would you like your child's experience to be similar or different from your own?
- Are you aware of how important the participation of a parent or caregiver is in a Music Together® class, and are you willing to participate with enthusiasm?
- What amount of the tuition are you looking to the scholarship fund to provide, full or partial? If partial, what size of a subsidy will meet your need?
- Do you have a skill or talent that you are willing to share with SCMT as a barter for tuition? (Bartering may come in the form of posting SCMT flyers, a special talent or product that you have to offer, etc.)
*Please include the number of children you are applying for and their ages.